PANZ Book Design Awards
The Publishers Association of New Zealand (PANZ) established the PANZ Book Design Awards to promote excellence in, and provide recognition for, the best book design in New Zealand.
The entries are judged in seven categories:
- Penguin Random House New Zealand Award for Best Illustrated Book
- Upstart Press Award for Best Non-illustrated Book
- Edify Award for Best Educational Book
- Scholastic New Zealand Award for Best Children’s Book
- Mary Egan Publishing Award for Best Typography
- HarperCollins Publishers Award for Best Cover
- 1010 Printing Award for Best Cookbook
The winner of the coveted Gerard Reid Award for Best Book sponsored by Nielsen Book Services is chosen from the shortlist.
A further award goes to the Allen & Unwin Young Designer of the Year.
The winners of these prestigious awards were announced at the awards ceremony on Thursday 28 July 2016.